Dr. Letian Dou is currently the Charles Davidson Chair Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University. He obtained his B.S. in Chemistry from Peking University in 2009. He then joined Prof. Yang Yang’s group in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at UCLA, and obtained his Ph.D. in 2014 (co-advised by Prof. Fred Wudl @UCSB in 2013). His doctoral research focused on the design and synthesis of conjugated polymers for organic photovoltaic applications. From 2014 to 2017, he was a Chemist Postdoc Fellow working with Prof. Peidong Yang at the Department of Chemistry, University of California-Berkeley and Materials Science Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. His research interest includes the synthesis of organic semiconductors, inorganic nano structures, hybrid materials, and related optoelectronic properties and devices. He has published over 40 papers with more than 16000 citations (H index = 38).
Advisor: Prof. Peidong Yang
Graduate Student Researcher
Advisor: Prof. Yang Yang
2) Thin film morphology and charge transport characterizations;
3) Polymer and perovskite near IR photodetetors.
Undergraduate Student Researcher
Advisor: Prof. Xinhua Wan
2) Design and synthesis of chiral near-infrared electrochromic and chiral optical switching materials.
Advisor: Prof. Fred Wudl
2) Design and synthesis of new electron acceptors for organic electronic devices.
Awards and Honors
- Charles Davidson Rising Star Assistant Professorship by Purdue University (2020)
- International Association of Advanced Materials Young Scientist Award (2020)
- Highly Cited Researcher in Cross-Fields (top 0.1%) by Clarivate Analytics (2019)
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award (2019)
- MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35 China (2018)
- Materials Research Society Graduate Student Awards (2014)
- UCLA Materials Science Department Award (2014)
- The Link Foundation Energy Fellowship (2013-2015)
- Chinese Government Award For Outstanding Students Abroad (2013)
- Materials Research Society Travel Awards (2013)
- Student Award by Society of Information Display (SID) – LA Chapter (2011)