Dr. Letian Dou is currently the Charles Davidson Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering at Purdue University. He obtained his B.S. in Chemistry from Peking University in 2009 and Ph.D. from UCLA Materials Science in 2014 working with Prof. Yang Yang (co-advised by Prof. Fred Wudl @UCSB in 2013). From 2014 to 2017, he was a Postdoc Fellow working with Prof. Peidong Yang at the Department of Chemistry, University of California-Berkeley and Materials Science Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. His research interest includes the synthesis of hybrid materials, organic semiconductors, halide perovskites, and related optoelectronic properties and their device applications. He is also a pioneer in polymer single crystal chemistry and materials. He has published over 60 papers with more than 18000 citations (H index = 43 as of July 2021).
Rm 2003, 2004, 2193, 3012 (labs)
Forney Hall of Chemical Engineering
480 W Stadium Ave, West Lafayette, IN 47907
Advisor: Prof. Peidong Yang
Graduate Student Researcher
Advisor: Prof. Yang Yang
2) Thin film morphology and charge transport characterizations;
3) Polymer and perovskite near IR photodetetors.
Undergraduate Student Researcher
Advisor: Prof. Xinhua Wan
2) Chiral near-infrared electrochromic and chiral optical switching materials.
Advisor: Prof. Fred Wudl
2) Design and synthesis of new electron acceptors for organic electronic devices.
Awards and Honors
- Rising Stars of Advanced Materials (2021)
- Emerging Investigators of Chemical Communications (2021)
- American Made Solar Prize (2021)
- Charles Davidson Rising Star Assistant Professorship by Purdue University (2020)
- College of Engineering Outstanding Teacher (2020)
- International Association of Advanced Materials Young Scientist Award (2020)
- Highly Cited Researcher in Cross-Fields (top 0.1%) by Clarivate Analytics (2019, 2020)
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award (2019)
- MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35 China (2018)
- Materials Research Society Graduate Student Awards (2014)
- UCLA Materials Science Department Award (2014)
- The Link Foundation Energy Fellowship (2013-2015)
- Chinese Government Award For Outstanding Students Abroad (2013)
- Materials Research Society Travel Awards (2013)
- Student Award by Society of Information Display (SID) – LA Chapter (2011)